All registered voters in Vermont are eligible to vote absentee.
Registration Deadlines & Requirements
Vermont Registration Deadline
• In-Person: Election Day. (You must show proof of residence to register at the polls on Election Day).
• By Mail: Received by Election Day.
• Online: Election Day. But if you register Online: the day before or on Election Day, your application may not be processed and your name may not appear on the checklist and you may be asked to fill out another application at the polls. To be sure your name appears on the checklist, please register by the Friday before the election.
Vermont Registration Requirements
To register to vote in Vermont you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of Vermont
• be 18 years of age on or before election day
• have taken the following Oath: You solemnly swear (or affirm) that whenever you give your vote or suffrage, touching any matter that concerns the state of Vermont, you will do it so as in your conscience you shall judge will most conduce to the best good of the same, as established by the Constitution, without fear or favor of any person [Voter’s Oath, Vermont Constitution, Chapter II, Section 42] By signing in Box 9, you are attesting that you have sworn or affirmed the Vermont voter’s oath as printed above.)