All registered voters in Utah are eligible to vote absentee.
Registration Deadlines & Requirements
Utah Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 7 days before Election Day in clerk’s office, but may also register during early vote and on Election Day. However, individuals must vote by provisional ballot if they register in person during early voting or on Election Day.
• By Mail: Received 11 days before Election Day, the deadline is extended to the next business day if this falls on a Sunday.
• Online: 11 days before Election Day.
Utah Registration Requirements
To register to vote in Utah you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• have resided in Utah for 30 days immediately before the next election
• be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
• not be a convicted felon currently incarcerated for commission of a felony
• not be convicted of treason or crime against the elective franchise, unless restored to civil rights
• not be found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law