Rhode Island Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 30 days before Election Day. You may also register in person on Election Day but only for Presidential election
• By Mail: Received 30 days before Election Day.
• Online: 30 days before Election Day.
Rhode Island Registration Requirements
To register to vote in Rhode Island you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of Rhode Island
• be at least 16 years of age (you must be 18 years old to vote)
• not have been convicted of a felony (or have had your rights restored)
• not be currently incarcerated in a correctional facility due to a felony conviction
• not have been lawfully judged to be mentally incompetent by a court of law