North Carolina Registration Deadline
• In-Person: The Saturday before Election Day if voting early in person. Otherwise 25 days before Election Day.
• By Mail: Postmarked 25 days before Election Day. If the postmark is missing or unclear, the application will still be processed if it is Received 20 days before Election Day.
• Online: 25 days before Election Day.
North Carolina Registration Requirements
To register to vote in North Carolina you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of North Carolina and the county in which you live for at least 30 days prior to the election
• be 18 years of age by the day of the next general election
• have your rights of citizenship restored if you have been convicted of a felony
• not be registered or vote in any other county or state