Mississippi Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 30 days before Election Day.
• By Mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day.
• Online: N/A
Mississippi Registration Requirements
To register to vote in Mississippi you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• have lived in Mississippi and in your county (and city, if applicable) 30 days before the election in which you want to vote
• be 18 years old by the time of the general election in which you want to vote
• have not been convicted of murder, rape, bribery, theft, arson, obtaining money or goods under false pretense, perjury, forgery, embezzlement, armed robbery, extortion, felony bad check, felony shoplifting, larceny, receiving stolen property, robbery, timber larceny, unlawful taking of a motor vehicle, statutory rape, carjacking, or bigamy, or have had your rights restored as required by law
• not have been declared mentally incompetent by a court Note: State law changed by federal court order in 1998 and by state legislation in 2000. We now accept the form as registration for voting for all state and federal offices. Additionally, you must not currently be declared mentally incompetent through a competency hearing