Michigan Registration Deadline
• In-Person: Any time up to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day at your city or township clerk office. The voter registration deadline is 15 days before Election Day, if you submit an application form through a voter registration drive or deliver it to a county clerk or secretary of state office..
• By Mail: Postmarked 15 days before Election Day.
• Online: 15 days before Election Day.
Michigan Registration Requirements
To register to vote in Michigan you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be 18 years old by the next election
• be a resident of Michigan and at least a 30 day resident of your city or township by election day
• not be confined in a jail after being convicted and sentenced Notice: Michigan law requires that the same address be used for voter registration and driver license purposes. Therefore, if the residence address you provide on this form differs from the address shown on a driver license or personal identification card issued by the State of Michigan, the Secretary of State will automatically change your driver license or personal identification card address to match the residence address entered on this form. If an address change is made, the Secretary of State will mail you an address update sticker for your driver license or personal identification card. Caution: If you register by mail, you must vote in person at your assigned precinct the first time you vote, unless you are:
•disabled as defined by state law; 60 years of age or older; or or temporarily residing overseas