A voter in Tennessee is eligible to vote absentee in an election if he or she cannot make it to the polls on Election Day for one of the following reasons:
• The voter will be outside the county of registration during the early voting period and all day on Election Day, or The voter or the voter’s spouse is enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university outside the county of registration
• The voter’s licensed physician has filed a statement with the county election commission stating that, in the physician’s judgment, the voter is medically unable to vote in person, and he statement must be filed not less than seven (7) days before the election and signed under the penalty of perjury
• The voter resides in a licensed facility providing relatively permanent domiciliary care, other than a penal institution, outside the voter’s county of residence, or The voter will be unable to vote in person due to service as a juror for a federal or state court.
• The voter is sixty (60) years of age or older, the voter has a physical disability and an inaccessible polling place, the voter is hospitalized, ill, or physically disabled and because of such condition, cannot vote in person, or The voter is a caretaker of a person who is hospitalized, ill, or disabled.
• The voter is a candidate for office in the election, The voter serves as an Election Day official or as a member or employee of the election commission, or The voter’s observance of a religious holiday prevents him or her from voting in person during the early voting period and on Election Day.
• The voter or the voter’s spouse possesses a valid commercial drivers license (CDL) or the voter possesses a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card and certifies that he or she will be working outside the state or county of registration during the open hours of early voting and Election Day, and has no specific out-of-county or out-of-state address to which mail may be sent or received during such time.
• The voter is a member of the military or is an overseas citizen.