New York Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 25 days before Election Day.
• By Mail: Postmarked 25 days before Election Day and received no later than 20 days before Election Day.
• Online: 25 days before Election Day.
New York Registration Requirements
To register to vote in New York you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of the county, or of the City of New York, at least 30 days before an election
• be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (Note: You must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary, or other election in which you want to vote).
• not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction
• not currently be judged incompetent by order of a court of competent judicial authority
• not claim the right to vote elsewhere