New Mexico Registration Deadline
• In-Person: Saturday before Election Day at the county clerk’s office. 28 days before Election Day otherwise.
• By Mail: Postmarked 28 days before Election Day. However, an application may be accepted through the Friday following the deadline if the application is postmarked before the deadline.
• Online: 28 days before Election Day.
New Mexico Registration Requirements
To register in New Mexico you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of New Mexico
• be 18 years of age at the time of the next election
• not have been denied the right to vote by a court of law by reason of mental incapacity and, if I have been convicted of a felony, I have completed all conditions of probation or parole, served the entirety of a sentence or have been granted a pardon by the Governor.