Get a free copy of Parental Rights & Education when you subscribe to our newsletter!
No Elections Until 2024
• View Polling Locations
• Register to Vote
• Download Voter Registration Form
• Absentee Voting Information
• Absentee Applications
• Resources – Indiana Secretary of State
A voter in Indiana is eligible to vote absentee in an election if he or she cannot make it to the polls on Election Day for one of the following reasons:
• The voter has “a specific, reasonable expectation” that he or she will be absent from his or her home county on Election Day during the entire voting period
• The voter is disabled, or 65 years of age of older.
• The voter will be responsible for official election duties outside of his or her voting precinct
• The voter is scheduled to work during the entire voting period.
• The voter will “be confined due to illness or injury” or “will be caring for an individual confined due to illness or injury” during the entire voting period
• The voter is prevented from voting during the regular voting period due to religious reasons.
• The voter is a participant in the state’s address confidentiality program, or is a military service member or public safety office.
Indiana Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 29 days before Election Day.
• By Mail: Postmarked 29 days before Election Day.
• Online: 29 days before Election Day.
Indiana Registration Requirements
To register to vote in Indiana you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• have resided in the precinct at least 30 days before the next election
• be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next general election
• not currently be in jail for a criminal conviction
1 year ago
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER TODAY