Illinois Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 28 days before Election Day, after which you may register through the early voting period through Election Day.
• By Mail: Postmarked 28 days before Election Day.
• Online: 16 days before Election Day.
Illinois Registration Requirements
To register in Illinois you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of Illinois and of your election precinct at least 30 days before the next election
• be at least 18 years old on or before the next General Election or Consolidated Election
• not claim the right to vote anywhere else. Preregistration for 17 year olds. Illinois permits registration by a 17 year old person who will be 18 on or before the General Election (or the Consolidated Election, the odd year election for city, township, school board and other local offices) to register and vote in the General Primary (or Consolidated Primary) which will nominate candidates for that next following General Election (or Consolidated Election).