All voters in Florida are eligible to vote by mail.
Registration Deadlines & Requirements
Florida Registration Deadline
• In-Person: 29 days before Election Day.
• By Mail: Postmarked 29 days before Election Day.
• Online: 29 days before Election Day.
Florida Registration Requirements
To register in Florida you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a legal resident of both the State of Florida and of the county in which you seek to be registered
• be 18 years old (you may pre‑register if you are at least 16)
• not be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other State, or if you have, you must first have your voting rights restored.
• not be a convicted felon, or if you are, you must first have your civil rights restored if they were taken away.
• swear or affirm the following: “I will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Florida, that I am qualified to register as an elector under the Constitution and laws of the State of Florida, and that all information in this application is true.