5 Ways to Defend the Unborn During Quarantine
/ Friday, April 17, 2020
We may be quarantined in our homes, but pro-life activism is still imperative because abortions have been largely unaffected. In fact, Planned Parenthood is using this time to expand their abilities by offering a new “telehealth” options, where they can prescribe abortion pills via their app, according to their website. The abortion industry preys on vulnerable pregnant women and is attempting to use the COVID-19 pandemic to their advantage. It is important that we also take advantage of our time by sharpening our skills to combat their efforts.
Throughout scripture, we are reminded that God affirms the value of life. And as his hands and feet, it is up to us to shine a light where there is darkness. Planned Parenthood is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. We must fight for vulnerable mothers and their babies.
What you can do:
- Use this time to research, read and improve your pro-life stance. Many pro-life organizations are offering online courses to educate activists. Perfect your responses to pro-choice arguments by equipping yourself with knowledge and statistics.
- Contact your local pregnancy resource centers to see what their needs are. Donations to non-profits have declined as unemployment has increased. If diapers are a huge need, consider hosting a diaper drive. Multiple online retailers have the option to create a registry where items can be sent directly to a pregnancy resource center. Send the link to your friends and family to help from the comfort of their home.
- Contact your local politicians and governors to remind them abortions are elective. If all other elective medical procedures are put on hold, abortions should be too. Get like-minded friends and family to follow suit.
- Utilize your platforms on social media and share life affirming content with your audience.
- If you’re in a state that doesn’t have a shelter-in-place order, consider praying outside of an abortion clinic or sidewalk counseling. Some abortion-minded women have said sidewalk counselors were an answer to their prayer asking God to give them a sign that abortion wasn’t the answer.
Remember that you may not be able to do everything, but you can do something. Every effort adds to the overall difference we can make as Christians who stand for life.